Sunday, October 31, 2010

Another reason why couponing is such a great idea....

I want to share with you all how AWESOME it was to have a stockpile of items on hand to help out a family in need. It is so great that I had a surplus of cereal, snacks, and hygiene items to give to a refugee family that was in need of some items. I heard of the need, and at spur of the moment I could provide those items for another family who needed them more than I did. It was awesome to be able to help, and it didn't cost me much to help either. :)

On that note, there is a special opportunity that I came across in my blog searches. I came across 30 Days of Giving. I will not know the specifics until the program starts tomorrow, but the idea is very intriguing! Basically, you commit to following the giving challenge every day for 30 days. The Facebook site, which I provided the link to, will notify you of the challenge every day. These will not be monetary challenges, but challenges to give things you already have or emotional things like time or help. (One example I heard was going into your closet and picking out five shirts to give to a homeless person or a shelter.) The creator suggests that you journal every day of the challenge. Keep track of what God is doing and how He is using you! I want to challenge you guys to look into this! I am excited to see what God can do through me and my 30 Days of Giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment