Friday, November 5, 2010

"What on earth do you do with all that tooth paste??"

Someone asked me today in a message "What in the world do you do with all that tooth paste??" Well, the answer is simple, we give it away. God has blessed us with SO much. He has given me the drive and the ability to be able to start this blog and to share tips on how to live frugally. Through my trips to the store I get more free tooth paste, tooth brushes, and body wash than we know what to do with! In most cases I have paid absolutely nothing for these items. It is amazing how ever since I have started doing these "heists" God has placed people in our path that are in need. To date, (which is only since the first week in October), my husband and I have given away:
6 tubes of tooth paste
4 tooth brushes
5 bottles of soap
4 cans of shaving cream
8 boxes of cereal
5 cans of vegetables
2 bottles of shampoo
all in one month.

I do not write this out to toot our own horns or to brag, I am telling you because I want you to know how God blesses the "frugal liver" as well as the cheerful giver. He calls us to be good stewards of his money, and in turn He says He will bless us. Through His blessings we have been able to pass on the blessings to homeless couples, refugees, and friends that just needed a little extra this month. The funny thing is, we have SAVED more money this month than we have in a single previous month this year...and yet we had an abundance to give away.

I encourage you to take advantage of the deals, especially the free ones. You may not need it right now, but there is someone out there that does. For those that live in the same state as me, you only need to drive down the road to find some of these people who would love to have a new tooth brush and some nice smelling shower gel. Is a tube of toothpaste and a tooth brush going to change someone's life? Maybe, maybe not, but it might make their day a little brighter. Be smart with your money, use what you need, and give the rest to others who are not as lucky.

All that just to answer the question "What on earth do you do with all that toothpaste??" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment